Pre-engineered Modular Cleanrooms and Cleanroom Wall Systems
What is a Modular Cleanroom?
A cleanroom is any controlled environment where the air is filtered to remove finite particles and contaminants from the room. A modular cleanroom relies on prefabricated components to deliver an environment that meets even the strictest cleanroom classification requirements. Modular cleanrooms offer the same benefits of a traditional cleanroom but are faster and more affordable to install, and are easily reconfigured or expanded to meet your facility’s changing needs.
Trusted by Successful Worldwide Brands
Do you have a project in mind?
Jumpstart your facility’s cleanroom construction project with simple, solid modular cleanroom systems. Let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll let you know how we can help.
Why Choose a Starrco Modular Cleanroom?
When clean is critical, a Starrco modular cleanroom is your best choice. Our modular cleanroom systems are precision-engineered with crisp edges, accurate cuts, and precisely mitered joints. This high-quality manufacturing method ensures a tight, sealed construction and assembly that ensures your cleanroom maintains peak performance and will meet annual certification standards.
Starrco modular cleanroom systems are custom-designed and built to your specific specifications. Our cleanroom interior surfaces are all made from non-particulate shedding materials like vinyl, fiberglass, and pre-finished aluminum.
Modular Cleanroom Applications
Industries We Serve
Key Components of a Modular Cleanroom
Like any modular solution, a modular cleanroom is a system that combines several high-quality and precision-manufactured components to deliver an end product that functions at or above specifications. Starrco’s turnkey dealer network will guide you through the process of selecting the perfect components for your project. Here are a few of the key components that make up a quality modular cleanroom:
Modular Cleanroom Wall Systems
A cleanroom’s wall system is perhaps its most important component. The type of wall panel you choose can affect the cleanliness of your cleanroom, from how easy it is to sanitize to how well it seals the envelope.
Starrco modular cleanroom wall systems are available in two main categories:
- Smooth FRP. FRP wall systems deliver durable performance at exceptionally light weight. Smooth FRP wall systems are ideal for cleanroom applications as they do not allow for dust and other particles to settle easily on surfaces.
- HP Panels. Starrco HP Panels are an FM-approved high-performance insulated panel designed to deliver long-lasting performance. Built with tongue and groove panel connections to ensure a cleanroom environment that meets your specifications.
Modular Cleanroom Flooring
The flooring material you choose for your modular cleanroom can have an impact on the cleanliness and control you have over the environment. Starrco cleanroom flooring systems are secured to your existing floor to offer the very best in quality, versatility, and environmental control. Common modular cleanroom flooring options include:
- Perforated raised flooring. Allows for particulate and contaminants to flow out of the cleanroom.
- Seamless vinyl. Reduces the ability for contaminants and particulate to collect in seams on the modular cleanroom floor.
- Epoxy paint on concrete. Offers simple, effective cleaning and sterilization, as well as ultimate durability.
- VCT. Vinyl composition tile (VCT) is a cleanroom flooring solution designed to control static.
Modular Cleanroom Filter Options
The objective of any cleanroom or controlled environment is to reduce the particulate and contaminants within the room. A modular cleanroom makes use of a range of different filters to ensure dust, debris, and other particles are kept out of the cleanroom. Modular cleanroom filter options include:
- Fan Filter Units. An independent filtration system mounted in a cleanroom containing a pre-filter, a filter, and a fan to push air through the unit. Multiple fan filter units are installed in most cleanrooms to provide a consistently treated space that eliminates dead zones. The more stringent the cleanroom classification, the more fan filter units required to reach particle count requirements.
- HEPA filters. (High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filters) are the most commonly used option in cleanrooms. They remove particles that are 0.3μm or larger, effectively filtering out 99.99 percent of those particles from your modular cleanroom.
- ULPA filters. (Ultra-Low Particulate Air Filters) are used in the most highly controlled cleanroom environments. They remove 99.999 percent of particles larger than 0.12μm and are most often used in exceptionally sensitive applications like semiconductor cleanrooms.
Modular Cleanroom Lighting Options
How you choose to illuminate your modular cleanroom can have a surprising effect on general cleanroom operations. For today’s high-tech and innovative cleanrooms, LED lighting is by far the most popular option, as they are preferred for their longevity, their strong lighting capabilities, and their low energy use. Since most cleanrooms opt for LEDs, when it comes to lighting, what’s most important is deciding how to implement those lights in your modular cleanroom structure.
Cleanroom lighting fixtures are an important consideration to make. A few popular options include:
- Light Panels. Available in LED and fluorescent, cleanroom light panels are dust, corrosion, and water-resistant, and often feature seamless construction to ensure that contaminants like dust cannot collect on the fixture.
- Light Strips. LED light strips are ideal for modular cleanrooms with strict airflow requirements. Lights strips adhere directly to the ceiling grid, which means they’re out of the way of ceiling filters and do not obstruct airflow.
- Teardrop Lights. A more affordable option when compared to light strips, teardrop lights provide many of the same benefits. They hang down from the ceiling like a pendant light, allowing for air to flow down and around them.
- Flow-through Modules. For modular cleanrooms that require efficient use of overhead space, flow through lighting modules are a good choice. They place fluorescent tube lights directly under the filter system, where air can flow through the module without blocking it.
Specialty Components for Modular Cleanrooms
A modular cleanroom is made up of more than four walls and an airflow and filtration system. Depending on your classification, your modular cleanroom may require additional components that enhance the cleanroom’s environmental control. Starrco supplies a comprehensive range of modular cleanroom specialty components, including:
- Pass-Through Chambers. Allows operators to safely pass materials and samples in and out of the cleanroom, without requiring one to enter or leave the cleanroom.
- Air Locks. For cleanrooms with higher cleanliness standards, an airlock can help reduce the amount of particulate that is introduced to the cleanroom when some person or thing exits or enters the cleanroom.
- Gowning Rooms. Provide a controlled space for employees to don required gowning equipment and PPE before entering the cleanroom.
- Air Showers. A more advanced version of an airlock, air showers blow filtered air at gowned employees to safely shake off any particulate or contaminants before they enter the cleanroom.
Do you have a project in mind?
Our solutions are built to meet your needs and your timeline. Find out how Starrco can support your upcoming project with fast, versatile, and solid solutions.
Why should you work with Starrco?
Rapid Quote Request
Starrco stands by our rapid quote request turnaround. We work to provide accurate project estimates for most requests in as little as 24 hours, though some larger projects may require more time.
Our products are made to fit your application— whatever that application may be — now, and well into the future. Built for your business today and designed to fit your future, too.
Dependable & Personable Customer Service
Excellent, responsive customer service is one of Starrco’s core values. From our sales team to our engineering & design experts, everyone here cares about your end result.
Superior Manufacturing Technology
Every Starrco component is precision-engineered in our controlled environments by experienced technicians. We only deliver the highest quality products.