Grow Room FAQs
How long does it take to build a Starrco grow room facility?
Starrco’s commercial grow room setups are built and installed 75 percent faster than conventional construction methods.
Each modular building is manufactured at our St. Louis, MO factory using accelerated production processes. The finished parts of the modular grow room are shipped to your facility for installation.
It usually takes a crew of two installers around half a day to install an average 12-foot square room. Whatever the complexity and size of your building, we have consistently seen Starrco buildings completed in 25 percent of the time it would take to build a similar structure using conventional methods.
What is the difference between cleanrooms and grow rooms?
Starrco grow rooms have many similarities to the cleanrooms we have been building for the pharmaceutical and electronics industries for decades.
- Interior surfaces that can withstand sanitizing and sterilizing processes.
- Durable, airtight fit and finish to preserve the controlled environment
- Complex HVAC engineered solutions
- Non-shedding wall, ceiling, and plenum surfaces
- Suspended ceiling grid systems designed to support essential equipment such as grow lights and ventilation runs
- Power outlets where you need them. Cables are run through the raceways built into every aluminum stud. Data outlets for security systems are easy to add.
- Factory-framed openings for air devices, pass-through cabinets, and product conveying
- A variety of windows, including fixed windows with quarter-inch tempered safety glass and aluminum frames
Can ventilation systems be installed in Starrco grow rooms?
Starrco will work with your HVAC engineer and architects to integrate ventilation infrastructure into the walls and ceilings to accommodate the air-handling equipment needed to remove heat, control humidity, and prevent contamination from pests and mold.
Typical options for our commercial grow room setups include:
- A ceiling grid system strong enough to support fan-powered filtration units
- Support wall-hung, oscillating fans
- Wall-mounted air return grills
- Sealed plenums
- Air-chase walls
Can I have power where I need it in a Starrco Grow Room?
Whether it is for your HVAC, office equipment, security cameras, or other appliances, we can place electrical outlets wherever you need them.
Electrical supply lines are routed through raceways in the aluminum stud system. Our modular electrical system is pre-engineered to snap together for speed and flexibility. It is color-coded for safety.
All electrical materials supplied by Starrco are UL listed and meet NEC requirements.
Where can you ship Starrco buildings?
While most of our buildings are shipped within the continental USA, we have manufactured grow room complexes for cannabis operations as far away as Hawaii, and we have supplied offices and industrial buildings to Canada, Central America, the Carribean, Africa, and other parts of the world.
Can you provide stamped drawings?
Drawings sealed with a professional engineer’s stamp are available upon request; for all fifty states. Be sure to request this local requirement at the time of your RFQ.